TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say a driver was shot while sitting in his car in Tampa early Tuesday morning.
The shooting happened in the 5100 block of East 28th Avenue shortly before 3 a.m.
Police said the victim drove to 58th Street and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, pulled up to a deputy and told him he had been shot.
He was taken to Tampa General Hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The suspect is unknown at this time.
Police said the victim said he was waiting for someone when he was shot, but that their meeting would not have been drug-related.
Further information was not available.
- USDA recalls Taco Bell’s Seasoned Beef over possible metal shavings contamination
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips