TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say a driver was shot while sitting in his car in Tampa early Tuesday morning.
The shooting happened in the 5100 block of East 28th Avenue shortly before 3 a.m.
Police said the victim drove to 58th Street and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, pulled up to a deputy and told him he had been shot.
He was taken to Tampa General Hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The suspect is unknown at this time.
Police said the victim said he was waiting for someone when he was shot, but that their meeting would not have been drug-related.
Further information was not available.
- Family billed $4,233 after daughter sent to hospital by school counselor
- Florida wants voters to put personal information on outside of ballot envelopes
- Outpouring of worldwide support for bullied Australian boy
- Legally liable? Debate rages over internet companies being immune to lawsuits over user posts
- Trump not a ‘Parasite’ fan, studio says he can’t read