TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - How do you pick your lottery numbers?
With a $654 million Mega Millions jackpot up for grabs Tuesday night and another $345 million Powerball jackpot available Wednesday, a lot of people are thinking about how to pick theirs.
Many people use birthdays, others use lucky numbers or their own system. There are almost as many ways of choosing lottery numbers as there are chances of winning it.
For the Mega Millions jackpot, you're looking at a 1 in 302 million chance. The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292 million.
Many players will look at the statistics. They will try to choose the numbers that come up most often.
According to LottoNumbers.com, the most drawn Mega Millions main numbers are 2, 17, 31, 39, 4 and 46. The most common Mega Ball number is 3. The most common main numbers drawn in the Powerball game are 26, 41, 16, 28, 22 and 23. The most common Powerball is 6.
But what about the most overdue numbers? LottoNumbers.com also compiled a list of the numbers that haven't been drawn for the longest amount of time.
For Mega Millions, the 15 most overdue numbers are 53, 36, 55, 58, 5, 37, 65, 50, 17, 9, 21, 12, 42, 26 and 47. The most overdue Mega Ball number is 5.
When it comes to Powerball, statistics show 35, 40, 31, 26, 16, 29, 37, 49, 36, 46, 38, 44, 58, 10 and 21 are the most overdue main numbers. They say it's been longest since 23 was drawn as a Powerball.
Drinking hot tea doubles cancer risk,...
LG unveils 'Snowwhite,' which is...
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- LG unveils 'Snowwhite,' which is basically a Keurig for ice cream
- Hurricane names Florence, Michael retired by meteorologists
- LA-area mom charged in death of daughter found in duffel bag
- Excerpts from phone call between former Port Richey mayor, acting mayor released