HOLLYWOOD (WCMH) - Starting in 2018, those Harry Potter movie marathons on Freeform will no longer exist.
According to Collider.com, Freeform, previously known as ABC Family, lost the rights to franchise and will no longer be airing the Harry Potter Weekends once the New Year begins.
Collider reports that NBC Universal reached a deal with HBO to start airing the movies on the premium channel exclusively starting January 1. HBO is scheduled to air its own Harry Potter marathon that very day.
However, fear not Potterheads, you'll get one more chance to catch the movies on Freeform starting December 28 for the last Harry Potter holiday marathon, according to EW.com.MORE TOP STORIES:
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police officer's widow breaks silence, addressing stolen guns from unlocked cars
- New Disney movie to begin filming in Lakeland on Wednesday
- Lawyer: Police think slaying of XXXTentacion was random
- Woman develops meat allergy after tick bite