(WFLA) - Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has opened a home for abused girls, CNN reports.
The home, which is just outside of Atlanta, is named after his hit Aerosmith song "Janie's Got a Gun" and his charity, Janie's Fund, which helps girls who have suffered from trauma and abuse.
The facility can house and provide therapy and medical care to up to 30 girls.
"[Janie's House] takes young girls in," Tyler told TMZ on Wednesday. "It's got a staff, it's got some therapists, it's got people for them to talk to and it's got people for them to [help] deal with health issues."
In an interview with CNN, Tyler said he can't comprehend what the residents have been through. "You can see in their faces and hear in their voices how broken they are," he said.
"While I was in (rehab), I found out most of the women in there were battered and beaten and abused verbally and sexually in huge numbers," he said. "It was like seven out of 10, eight out of 10."
He said he's using his own experience as an artist and participant of a 12-step rehabilitation to give a voice to those in need.
"I can only speak from my own 12-stepness, which is to say when you have an 'ism' which you wish was a 'wasim,' you need therapy," he said. "I'm hoping that they get some tools, some advice, some ways to work stuff out, some words of wisdom that they can then live by."STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Children lost in Homosassa woods found safe
- Venice mayor in hot water over scandalous photo
- Former nurse suspected of killing up to 60 children pleads not guilty to new murder charges
- VIDEO: K-9 attacks innocent woman taking out the trash
- WATCH: Florida cashier stares down armed robber
- PHOTOS: Cops form 'cuddle watch' to help officer's preemie
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 26 kids taken to hospital after getting sick at Lake Placid summer camp
- Black bear spotted in Citrus County couple's yard
- What does the future hold for immigrant children housed in Homestead?
- 2 burned in Pasco cooking fire