TAMPA (WFLA) — The Hurricane Hunters shared powerful footage they captured while flying into Hurricane Laura Tuesday evening.
A crew from the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron flew into Hurricane Laura from Charleston International Airport to collect data for the National Hurricane Center.
Laura is a Category 3 hurricane expected to reach an ‘extremely dangerous’ Category 4 strength by landfall near the Texas-Louisiana border, NHC says.
Watch footage from the Hurricane Hunters’ flight into Laura in the video player above.
- Vernon Jordan, civil rights activist, former Clinton advisor, dies at 85
- CDC offers tips to survive zombie apocalypse just in case
- Critically endangered right whale found dead off S. Carolina beach
- Tampa Bay businesses counting on spring break after dismal 2020
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images