HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver is in critical condition after they allegedly failed to stop for a red signal and their vehicle collided with a tractor-trailer on State Road 60 in Valrico.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the driver was headed west on State Road 60 and ran into the rear of an M.C.M Logistics semi near Mount Carmel Road.
Investigators say there were no tire marks at the crash site, indicating that the driver had no intention of stopping.
According to troopers, the driver sustained serious injuries and lost an arm. He was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and is listed in critical condition.
Investigators are working to determine whether the driver was texting when the crash occurred.
Further information was not immediately available.
- VIDEO: Hurricane Hunters fly into Tropical Storm Cristobal
- Tampa police searching for missing woman with Alzheimer’s
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: More heavy rain, strong storms possible tonight in Sunday
- 21-year-old speeds, hydroplanes into power pole in Pinellas County
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity