HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – One person died Monday after a collision on Wiggins Road in Plant City, authorities said.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said the driver was heading southbound on Wiggins Road near Highway 92 when they left the road for unknown reasons and hit a speed limit sign, then a tree.
Deputies said the front passenger suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.
The driver was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where they are listed in critical condition.
It’s unclear if alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash.
An investigation is ongoing.
- “I couldn’t be more happy”: McGlockton girlfriend speaks out after Drejka verdict
- Inconsistent Franks, No. 8 Florida rally to beat Miami 24-20
- Lyft offers $1,000 in free ride credits to Tampa nonprofit organization
- Married only minutes, Texas newlyweds killed in crash
- Hundreds of Pinellas Co. high school students earn free college credit