HOLIDAY, Fla. (WFLA) – A man stuffed a left-handed fishing reel in his pocket and left a fishing store without paying Wednesday because he accidentally bought a right-handed one earlier, the Pasco Sheriff’s Office said.
Deputies arrested Justin Kinnison, 43, Wednesday evening after they said he admitted to stealing the fishing reel, reportedly valued around $146, from Armed Anglers fishing store.
The sheriff’s office said a store employee reported the crime to police after noticing a rod was missing a reel and then catching Kinnison in the act on the store surveillance video.
Kinnison admitted to police he took the reel, telling them he accidentally purchased a right-handed rod and reel when he wanted a left-handed one.
The sheriff’s office said he returned the reel and was cooperative with police.
- Ash-covered St. Vincent braces for more volcanic eruptions
- Meadows, Arozarena homer, AL champ Rays beat Yankees 4-0
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape
- Charles: Royal family ‘deeply grateful’ for world’s support
- What a car’s ‘black box’ records and how to check if your vehicle has one