(CNN) – An 8-year-old in Maryland is doing something pretty amazing, and so far he’s helped 3,000 veterans.
Tyler Stallings’ mother says he has had a passion for helping veterans since he was just 4 years old.
Tyler initially wanted to build home for veterans whom he calls his heroes, but he decided to come up with a more “realistic” plan.
So Tyler began making “hero bags” for homeless veterans.
The bags are filled with gloves, a blanket, a sweater, soap and much more.
According to a GoFundMe page created by the family, Tyler has raised over $50,000 since he started making the bags four years ago.
- Police: 7-year-old girl killed outside McDonald’s in Chicago
- Authorities say no one was driving Tesla before deadly crash
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’
- Miami GP to join F1 calendar from 2022 in 10-year deal
- Search for 9 missing from capsized boat in Gulf on 6th day