NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (WESH) — An 87-year-old woman who went missing after telling her family she was going to a relative’s home to escape Hurricane Dorian has since been found safe.
The New Smyrna Beach police said Mary Wilson left her home around on Lagoon Court around 1 p.m.
According to officials, Wilson told a family member she was going to a relative’s home in Leesburg to escape Hurricane Dorian but never arrived.
Wilson was driving a silver 2016 Cadillac SRX with Florida plate number HKLN20.
- HART to reduce bus service during coronavirus outbreak
- Trump administration rules gun shops ‘essential’ amid virus
- Stranded cruise ship hit by virus begs Florida to dock
- US nears China’s virus death toll as New York calls for help
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Scattered showers overnight with cold front