HOLLIS, N.H. (CNN/WFLA) — A woman is sending over 100,000 cards to troops overseas this holiday season.
Laura Hollis began the trend 16 years ago by enlisting her family in sending holiday greetings to troops.
Two years ago she set a goal of 5,000 cards for everyone on board an aircraft carrier. After getting triple that amount, she started the non-profit ‘Holiday Cards 4 Our Military New Hampshire Challenge’ to help with postage.
After asking students across the state to sign on, 50,000 cards were sent out last year.
This year, the challenge reached every state and so far, 30 states and Canada have sent in more than 100,000 cards.
- North Carolina funeral home uses puppy to help grieving families
- Tampa search dog helps in Puerto Rico following earthquakes
- Mother dog found on side of road pulling crate with her 4 puppies inside
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Warm Friday ahead of a cold front set to cool weekend temps
- Grieving mother spreads message for Tampa Bay drivers to ‘move over’ for emergency vehicles