TAMPA (CNN) — November 10, the day before Veterans Day, marks another special day for service members.
Sunday honors the establishment of the US Marine Corps.
The military branch started way back in 1775 as part of the US Navy, leading up to the American Revolution.
The recruiting headquarters was in the Tun Tavern in Philadelphia, considered the birthplace of the Marines.
Today, Marine Corps members are proud to say they’re the first in and last out during military conflict.
- Obama to campaign for Joe Biden in Florida today
- 115-year-old Confederate monument removed from Alabama courthouse
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight
- Trump to cast his presidential vote in Florida today
- 3 dead in multi-vehicle crash in Lake Wales