MARTIN COUNTY, Fla. (WPTV) — The Martin County Sheriff’s Office made a dangerous rescue in the midst of Hurricane Irma.
Two boaters remained on their vessel and needed help.
A marine unit was able to navigate the dangerous waters and bring them to safety, the sheriff’s office said.
The sheriff’s office also reported that a large vessel beached near the Stuart Causeway due to a broken anchor line and another struck the shore near the Jensen Beach Causeway.
HURRICANE IRMA COVERAGE –
- The latest on Hurricane Irma from Storm Team 8
- 2017 Hurricane Guide
- Emergency shelters opening across Tampa Bay area ahead of Hurricane Irma
- Hurricane Irma: Check your evacuation level here
- Hurricane Irma causing flight cancellations, airport closures in Tampa Bay area, Florida
- Schools in Tampa Bay area to remain closed Tuesday due to Hurricane Irma
- CHECKLIST: Disaster supply list for hurricane
- Where to get sandbags in the Tampa Bay area
- How to get water even if the stores are out
- The one thing you must do for your pet as Irma approaches