(CNN) – Scientists have discovered a silly looking creature in the Indian Ocean.
The Schmidt Ocean Institute’s expedition has found a giant siphonophore which is closely related to a jellyfish.
This creature could be the largest ever recorded though.
It has an outer “ring” that measures about 154 feet.
Scientists say the animal is made up of millions of interconnected clones, and they all have different jobs in the colony.
- Race is on to find Great Lakes shipwrecks before quagga mussels destroy them
- Dolphins beat Broncos 70-20, scoring the most points by an NFL team in a game since 1966
- Woman drives 2 hours, shoots husband who wanted divorce
- Rain and higher humidity return Monday
- Woman still hospitalized 2 months after motorcycle crash, driver charged with DUI