(CNN) – Scientists have discovered a silly looking creature in the Indian Ocean.
The Schmidt Ocean Institute’s expedition has found a giant siphonophore which is closely related to a jellyfish.
This creature could be the largest ever recorded though.
It has an outer “ring” that measures about 154 feet.
Scientists say the animal is made up of millions of interconnected clones, and they all have different jobs in the colony.
- VIDEO: Man injured after shoved by police during protest in Buffalo
- Local leaders fear protests may increase cases of COVID-19 as numbers begin to climb
- Democrats prepare police reform bills after Floyd’s death
- Armed man accused of throwing bean bag at St. Pete chief says he wanted to protest peacefully
- Attorneys: 2 ex-cops charged in Floyd’s death were rookies