TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – If Christmas Eve wasn’t enough of a reason to celebrate, a Tampa woman is also celebrating her birthday on Thursday.
That is… her 100th birthday!
A friend of 8 On Your Side’s own Bucified Bert provided us with a letter from a friend about the life of Ms. Bertha M. Wise Yates Edwards.
Ms. Bertha was born in 1920 in Moultrie, Ga., the youngest of six children.
The letter says she loves to socialize and have fun and tell jokes. At now 100-years-old, Ms. Bertha’s mind is still sharp. She spends her time listening to music, religious programs and talk shows.
“Everyone she meets is [a] friend or God child,” the letter reads.
In the middle of the ongoing pandemic, we don’t want to forget our senior citizens, especially during the holidays.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ms. Bertha! Sending you lots of love from your friends at 8 On Your Side.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Vernon Jordan, civil rights activist, former Clinton advisor, dies at 85
- CDC offers tips to survive zombie apocalypse just in case
- Critically endangered right whale found dead off S. Carolina beach
- Tampa Bay businesses counting on spring break after dismal 2020
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images