(CNN) – World Wrestling Entertainment ring announcer Howard Finkel has died at the age of 69, the organization announced Thursday.
The WWE Hall of Famer, known as “The Fink” made his debut at Madison Square Garden in 1977, back when the WWE was known as the WWF.
Three years later, the WWE was established and he became their first employee.
The WWE did not reveal Finkel’s cause of death.
- Man shot, killed after altercation in Valrico, deputies say
- Florida man accused of sex abuse at home day care center
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- Teen receives $1.3 million in scholarship offers
- LIVE TODAY: It could be a scary Halloween for some SEC teams