(CNN) – No angel wings on runway models this holiday season.
Victoria’s Secret is ending its nearly quarter-century tradition: It will not hold its annual fashion show this year, a cultural phenomenon that began in 1995.
Various media outlets report parent company L Brands made the announcement during the company’s third quarter earnings call Thursday.
The company said the marketing strategy for the brand is evolving.
The move follows months of speculation the show wouldn’t happen this year and years of declining TV ratings.
- Corona beer producer stops brewing due to virus
- Coronavirus stories: Florida couple keeps business alive with FaceTime photoshoots
- Coronavirus: Boaters get stern warning from Pinellas officials for not following orders
- Tampa YMCA keeps Veggie Van rolling during pandemic
- Disney suspends annual passholder payments during coronavirus closure