(WFLA) – Hoda Kotb said yes!
The TODAY co-anchor had more joyous news to share on the show Monday—she and her longtime boyfriend, Joel Schiffman are engaged.
“I have to tell you something that a friend of mine, a friend of ours, asked me to let you guys in on a secret,” Hoda said. “I’ll give you her initials. Her initials are Hoda Kotb, and she’s engaged.”
Kotb hid her engagement ring, then slipped it on for the big announcement.
“My heart has literally been pounding,” she said.
Kotb said her fiancee popped the question while the couple was on a tropical vacation over the weekend.
“We ended up having a little dinner on the beach,” she added. “And he was like, ‘I have something else I would like to say,’ and he said some beautiful things, and then he got down on one knee. Then he said, ‘Would you be my wife?”’
“I was totally shocked,” she said. “He had a good poker face.”
The couple are parents to two children, daughters Haley Joy, 2, and Hope Catherine who they adopted in Feb. 2017 and this April, respectively.
Hoda, 55, and Joel, 61, have been together for six years.
- National Vietnam War Veterans Day: How you can participate in virtual events to honor those who served.
- Coronavirus in Florida: Over 4,000 cases in state, no overnight deaths
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 deaths
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Pelosi: Trump’s downplaying of coronavirus cost American lives