(NBC News) – Taylor Swift ripped into President Donald Trump on Saturday, saying that his “calculated dismantling” of the United States Postal Service is an example of him trying to “blatantly cheat” the 2020 election.
“Trump’s calculated dismantling of USPS proves one thing clearly: He is WELL AWARE that we do not want him as our president,” the 30-year-old pop star wrote on Twitter. “He’s chosen to blatantly cheat and put millions of Americans’ lives at risk in an effort to hold on to power.”
Swift’s tweet is alluding to Trump’s opposition to emergency funding for the postal service because he believes it will lead to more voting by mail.
“Donald Trump’s ineffective leadership gravely worsened the crisis that we are in and he is now taking advantage of it to subvert and destroy our right to vote and vote safely. Request a ballot early. Vote early,” Swift added in a subsequent tweet on Saturday.
- Sarasota, Manatee counties to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida ‘Monkey Whisperer’ charged in illegal wildlife trade
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden