The UK’s Prince Harry weds his American sweetheart Meghan Markle on Saturday.
Once she walks down the aisle at Windsor Castle, her life will never be the same.
While it’s likely Prince Harry won’t ever be king, their life together will be royal.
So who is in line of succession to the British throne after Queen Elizabeth II?
Until recently, the rules of succession favored male heirs, so a younger brother would jump ahead of an elder sister in the line for the throne. But the rules were changed before Prince George was born to give royal daughters the same rights as sons.
That means Princess Charlotte will remain fourth in line to the throne, and the new baby will be fifth.
William’s younger brother, Prince Harry, drops down to sixth place.
But who fills in the rest of the gaps? Here’s a look.
- Charles, Prince of Wales – married to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge – married to Kate, Duchess of Cambridge
- Prince George of Cambridge
- Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
- Prince Louis of Cambridge
- Prince Henry of Wales – Harry weds Meghan Markle
- Prince Andrew, Duke of York – Queen Elizabeth’s 2nd son
- Princess Beatrice of York – Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York’s daughter
- Princess Eugenie of York – Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York’s daughter
- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex – Queen Elizabeth’s 3rd son
- James, Viscount Severn – Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex’s son
- Lady Louis Windsor – Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex’s daughter
- Anne, Princess Royal – Queen Elizabeth’s daughter
- Peter Phillips – Princess Anne’s son with Capt. Mark Phillips
- Savannah Phillips – Peter and wife Autumn’s daughter
- Isla Phillips – Peter and wife Autumn’s daughter
- Zara Tindall – Zara Phillips married Mike Tindall, the eldest granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth
- Mia Grace Tindall – Zara and Mike’s daughter
- David Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowden – Also known as Viscount David Linley
- Charles Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley – David’s son
- Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones – David’s daughter
- Lady Sarah Chatto – married to Daniel Chatto
- Samuel Chatto – Sarah and Daniel’s son
- Arthur Chatto – Sarah and Daniel’s son