STOCKHOLM (AP) – The Latest on A$AP Rocky’s trial for assault in Stockholm (all times local):
A Swedish court has found American rapper A$AP Rocky guilty of assault for his role in a June 30 street brawl in Stockholm.
The artist, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, earlier pleaded self-defense and said he had tried to avoid a confrontation with two men who he said were persistently following his entourage.
One of them picked a fight with one of Mayers’ two bodyguards, the rapper told the Stockholm District Court.
The courts said the defendants “were not in a situation” where they were entitled to self-defense and that they “assaulted the victim by hitting and kicking him.”
As a result, the three defendants were “convicted of assault and sentenced to conditional sentences.”
- Hearing wraps up for convicted cop killer who wants new trial
- VIDEO: Florida homeowner cleverly activates security camera to capture armed carjacking
- Tampa Bay Rays employee faces 39 counts of child pornography
- Mom said two fake child protective services agents tried to take her son
- Boy left in hot car Tuesday evening as punishment by father, police say