(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – First, Netflix had “The Crown,” and now, its staff includes some real royals.
On Wednesday, the streaming company announced the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have signed a multi-year production deal.
It doe snot mean Meghan Markle is returning to acting, though she and Prince Harry may appear on camera for some projects.
The couple will be producing exclusive Netflix content like scripted series, documentaries, features and children’s shows.
For Netflix, the deal is similar to the one the company made with former president Barack Obama and his wife Michelle in 2018.
Financial terms of the deal have not been announced.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- What’s the ‘best state’? Poll ranks U.S. states from best to worst
- 1 hospitalized after small plane makes emergency landing in Venice country club pond
- Food Network recipe for popcorn and mayo salad is going viral
- Tampa Bay Rays clinch series against New York Yankees
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense