(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – First, Netflix had “The Crown,” and now, its staff includes some real royals.
On Wednesday, the streaming company announced the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have signed a multi-year production deal.
It doe snot mean Meghan Markle is returning to acting, though she and Prince Harry may appear on camera for some projects.
The couple will be producing exclusive Netflix content like scripted series, documentaries, features and children’s shows.
For Netflix, the deal is similar to the one the company made with former president Barack Obama and his wife Michelle in 2018.
Financial terms of the deal have not been announced.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- ‘We will not stay silent’: Bradenton family wants accountability after death of USF student in house explosion
- Hillsborough County seniors will get second vaccine under new vendor
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- Charles Barkley says pro athletes should get preferential COVID-19 vaccine treatment