(CNN) – Go ahead and hit delete, Sunday is National “Unfriend” Day.
Jimmy Kimmel declared Nov. 17 “National Facebook Unfriend Day” to inspire people to tidy-up their social media accounts.
Social media use can interfere with sleep, mental health or daily responsibilities.
Some psychologists say unfriending certain people can be a good situation for those problems.
Clearing out your connections can make more room in your newsfeed for people you’re close with, which can be a more rewarding way to use social media.
- Child porn found taped to playground slide, police say
- Accused pedophile tried to burn down Pasco home after raping 8-year-old, deputies say
- Massachusetts lawmakers consider allowing 16-year-olds to vote
- Hillsborough School Board conducts final interviews for superintendent
- Burglar caught on camera robbing home for 12 hours, homeowner says