(CNN) – Go ahead and hit delete, Sunday is National “Unfriend” Day.
Jimmy Kimmel declared Nov. 17 “National Facebook Unfriend Day” to inspire people to tidy-up their social media accounts.
Social media use can interfere with sleep, mental health or daily responsibilities.
Some psychologists say unfriending certain people can be a good situation for those problems.
Clearing out your connections can make more room in your newsfeed for people you’re close with, which can be a more rewarding way to use social media.
- Firewood businessman still chopping wood at 90 years old
- Suspect sought after prying open coin machines, stealing money in Hillsborough County
- Sarasota police looking for credit card thief
- Florida officials weigh in on deadly Pensacola naval base shooting
- Saudi gunman tweeted against US before naval base shooting