(CNN) – Go ahead and hit delete, Sunday is National “Unfriend” Day.
Jimmy Kimmel declared Nov. 17 “National Facebook Unfriend Day” to inspire people to tidy-up their social media accounts.
Social media use can interfere with sleep, mental health or daily responsibilities.
Some psychologists say unfriending certain people can be a good situation for those problems.
Clearing out your connections can make more room in your newsfeed for people you’re close with, which can be a more rewarding way to use social media.
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- US citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in American military operation
- Last day to vote early in these Tampa Bay area counties
- TV news anchor gunned down in Downtown Juarez
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting