SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — MTV has cut ties with one of the stars of its reality show “Siesta Key.”
MTV confirmed via social media on Tuesday they had cut ties with Alex “Kompo” Kompothecras.
“We’ve made the decision to cut ties with Alex and are editing the current season to minimize his presence,” a tweet said. “He will not be in future seasons of Siesta Key.”
The announcement came the same night that the show’s newest season premiered.
MTV did not provide a reason for its decision to cut ties with Kompothecras.
- New book by Miami Herald investigative team goes behind the scenes at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
- Cirelli scores in OT, Lighting beat Isles to reach Cup Final
- Rays clinch playoff spot for second consecutive year
- Manatee County deputies searching for missing woman who may be in Pinellas County
- Hillsborough County to close three COVID-19 testing sites due to lack of demand