(CNN) – Marie Osmond says she is not leaving any of her millions to her seven children.
The 60-year-old performer made the announcement on CBS’s “The Talk.”
“My husband and I decided that you do a great disservice to your children to just hand them a fortune because you take away the one most important gift you can give your children, and that’s the ability to work,” Osmond explained.
Osmond said the decision comes from personal experience. Her family fought over a mirror and table when her aunt and uncle passed away, and she wants to make sure that doesn’t happen again.
Osmond’s children range in age from 17 to 36.
- AMBER Alert canceled for 2 girls found safe after 2 boys found dead in Kansas
- Silver Alert canceled after Clearwater man with memory issues found
- Ivanka Trump to hold ‘Make America Great Again!’ campaign event in Sarasota on Tuesday
- ‘Florida and America need 4 more years of Pres. Donald Trump’: VP Mike Pence rallies supporters in Lakeland just 10 days before election
- Hundreds in Tampa take part in ‘Parade to the Polls’