(CNN) – Google is launching a new gaming service this week.
The tech company on Tuesday will unveil “Stadia” in 14 countries. It’s a service for streaming and playing games without needing to own a hard copy or even a console.
Google will be competing with a daunting list of rivals in the industry who are betting the future of video games lies in the cloud rather than just physical hardware.
Microsoft is currently testing its project XCloud service and Amazon is rumored to be working on its own cloud gaming service as well.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change