NEW YORK (AP) — After postponing several shows because of the coronavirus pandemic, Elton John is saying hello to the yellow brick road of touring.
The pop icon announced Wednesday that his “Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour” will return to North America on Jan. 19, 2022, in New Orleans. The tour stops at Amalie arena in Tampa on April 24, 2022.
In July John announced new dates in Europe. His global tour will officially return on September 1, 2021 in Berlin.
“I’ve been enjoying my time at home with the family while the world navigates its way through the COVID pandemic. But, I really miss being on the road and performing for my beloved fans in my Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour,” John said. “While the scientists are making great progress, we are making big plans for a return to touring that will allow us to ensure the health and safety of everyone.”
The Oscar, Grammy and Tony-winning star’s final tour kicked off to a sold-out audience in September 2018.
Original tickets will be honored at the rescheduled performances.
- Sheriff Chronister posthumously promotes LaVigne to sergeant during funeral service
- It’s a ‘joke’: Lakeland commissioners opt for resolution over mask mandate
- Watch Live: Bells and candlelight to honor 400,000 dead from COVID-19
- AFC, NFC championship games feature early-season rematches
- ‘Souvenir of a lifetime’: Chiefs fan snags ball Patrick Mahomes launched into Arrowhead’s upper deck