(NBC) – Ellen DeGeneres is speaking out after controversy erupted when she was spotted sitting next to former President George W. Bush at this past weekend’s Dallas Cowboys game against the Green Bay Packers.
Simultaneously keeping things light while also discussing the matter on Tuesday’s episode of her talk show, the comedian explained how she wound up in the suite next to Bush, noting she was invited to the game by Charlotte Jones, the daughter of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
“We went because we wanted to keep up with the Joneses,” she said, drawing laughs.
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for suspect in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips
- Ex-officer charged with murder after firing into window, killing Texas woman