(NBC) – Ellen DeGeneres is speaking out after controversy erupted when she was spotted sitting next to former President George W. Bush at this past weekend’s Dallas Cowboys game against the Green Bay Packers.
Simultaneously keeping things light while also discussing the matter on Tuesday’s episode of her talk show, the comedian explained how she wound up in the suite next to Bush, noting she was invited to the game by Charlotte Jones, the daughter of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
“We went because we wanted to keep up with the Joneses,” she said, drawing laughs.
- Indie rock band Wallows sells out Tampa debut in Ybor City
- Jury deliberations begin in trial of ice cream man charged with double-murder
- Bill looking to put money in local communities to fight veteran suicide
- Car salesman gets 6+ years for stealing $3M from clients
- ‘Running the race of life:’ Couple who got engaged at Gasparilla Distance Classic to retire