(NBC News)—Pop superstar Cher raised $2 million for the Joe Biden-Kamala Harris presidential campaign at a virtual, LGBTQ-themed fundraiser Monday.
Cher asked the streaming crowd if they “believe in life after Trump,” riffing on her famous single, “Believe.”
Former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg and openly gay lawmakers Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., and Sen. Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis., were also in attendance, according to the Washington Blade.
In his appearance at the fundraiser, Biden promised to sign the Equality Act into law within his first 100 days in office.
- Golden Globes: 2021’s winners
- ‘Nomandland,’ Borat,’ ‘The Crown’ win at bicoastal Globes
- Chadwick Boseman wins posthumous Golden Globe
- Lady Gaga’s dogs recovered safely, police say
- WATCH: Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties