(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – Director Ryan Coogler has written an emotional tribute to Chadwick Boseman, the star of his 2018 blockbuster hit “Black Panther.”
Boseman, 43, died after a 4-year battle with colon cancer on Friday.
In a statement, Coogler said he had no idea about Boseman’s fight with cancer, because the actor was a private person.
Coogler hoped to reunited with Boseman for the “Black Panther” sequel.
He said he is “broken” knowing he won’t be able to work with or talk to the award-winning star again.
He called Boseman a “caretaker, a leader, [and] a main of faith, dignity and pride.”
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Family mourn 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death by brother
- US Marshals recover 45 missing children in anti-human trafficking operation
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Early vote total exceeds 2016; GOP chips at Dems’ advantage
- 3-year-old dies from gunshot wound at his birthday party