TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—President Donald Trump’s youngest daughter hosted an event in Tampa on Saturday in an effort to court LGBTQ voters in the area.
Tiffany Trump and Former National Intelligence Director Richard Grenell, who is openly gay, spoke at the “Trump Pride” event Saturday at the Westshore Grand Hotel, 4860 W. Kennedy Boulevard.
According to the event’s website, “Trump Pride” is a “diverse coalition dedicated to re-electing President Trump.”
“President Donald J. Trump is the only President to openly support the LGBT community since his first day in office,” the website says. “Through his bold plan to end the HIV epidemic to his global campaign to decriminalize homosexuality in the 69 nations where it is illegal, President Trump has proven himself to be a strong advocate for the LGBT community both at home and abroad.”
The president’s relationship with the LGBT community has had its ups and downs, mostly due to his rollback of LGBTQ patient protections. According to a report, about a third of the more than 50 circuit court judges nominated by President Donald Trump since he took office have a “demonstrated history of anti-LGBTQ bias.”
Equality Florida Action, Inc., a LGBTQ civil rights advocacy group in Florida, has called the campaign’s outreach a “desperate and cynical sham.”
“Donald Trump is the worst President the LGBTQ community has ever seen,” said Nadine Smith, Executive Director of Equality Florida Action, Inc. “This event is a pathetic attempt to hide his appalling record and it’s fooling no-one. We are tired of Trump’s lies and our community understands a second term would be devastating.”
- Farmers waiting for federal loan irked after millions given to phony farms
- Cruises one step closer to full sail as CDC allows test cruises with volunteer passengers
- FEMA vaccine site at Tampa Greyhound Track will close by end of May
- Biden’s infrastructure plan proposes ‘public option’ health insurance
- Walt Disney World bans former employee who was fired for drinking water from park’s decorative fountains