PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla, (WFLA) – More than 300,000 Tampa Bay residents will have a new place to vote on Tuesday.
Over the past couple days, election officials have had to open several emergency polling locations after several shut down over coronavirus concerns.
More than 300 poll workers backed out as well. Officials tell 8 On Your Side that county workers were trained at the very last minute Monday night, so they’re asking for your patience while voting.
“We have filled those positions with county workers, but if people are going to the polls today they are going to be experiencing poll workers who have never worked an election before, so we need voters to be prepared and to be patient with us,” Dustin Chase with the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Office.
Chase says the office is ensuring voters and workers’ safety by practicing good hygiene and social distancing.
Polls for the presidential preference primary are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The top Democratic candidates for president are former Vice President Joe Biden and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. There are several other local races, including mayoral races in Pinellas County.
As Your Local Election Headquarters, WFLA.com will bring you the latest election results in real-time. And you can join our discussion of the election results on WFLA Now online, on our app and on our Facebook page. Join host J.B. Biunno and News Channel 8 political reporter Evan Donovan after the polls close at 7 p.m.
Florida is among four states holding primaries Tuesday. Arizona, Illinois and Ohio also have delegates available.
Tuesday’s races award 15 percent of all delegates in the Democratic primary and will bring the number of delegates awarded in the Democratic race to 61 percent of the total delegates available.
Live election results will be available starting at 7 p.m.
Here’s a list of polling locations that have changed:
Citing a fluid situation, Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections has planned alternative polling places.
Polling place changes are listed on the online precinct finder on the Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections website. On-site signs will redirect voters to the proper location for voting. As of Monday afternoon, the following locations have been reassigned:
- Precinct 560 University Village and Precinct 561 Concordia Village are moved to University Area Community Development Center, 14013 N. 22nd St., Tampa
- Precincts 904 and 908 Kings Point Clubhouse, Precinct 906, Sun Towers, Precinct 909 Sun City Center Community Room, and Precinct 921 Sun City Center Florida Room are moved to SouthShore Regional Library, 15816 Beth Shields Way, Ruskin
- Precinct 834 Hawthorne Estates is moved to Kings Avenue Baptist Church, 2602 S. Kings Ave., Brandon
- Precinct 423 Rocky Creek Retirement Village is moved to Tampa Korean Seventh Day Adventist, 7215 Sheldon Rd., Tampa
- Precinct 163, Vista 400 is moved to Beulah Baptist Institutional Church, 1006 W. Cypress St., Tampa
- Precinct 433, Aston Gardens is moved to Philippine Cultural Foundation, 14301 Nine Eagles Dr., Tampa
According to the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections website, emergency polling location changes have been mailed to voters.
Assisted living living facilities in Pinellas County will no longer serve as a polling location, as a precaution for the health of residents.
Changes to polling locations can be found on the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections website.
Sarasota polling location changes are listed on the Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections website.
New changes added are:
- Precinct 213, Plymouth Harbor, 700 John Ringling Blvd, Sarasota moving to St Armands Key Lutheran Church, 40 N Adams Drive, Sarasota
- Precinct 215, St Paul Lutheran Church, 2256 Bahia Vista St, Sarasota
- Precinct 217, Fruitville Ministry Park, 3375 Fruitville Rd, Sarasota Moving to Sarasota Community Church, 4041 Bahia Vista St, Sarasota
- Precinct 321, Colonial Baptist Church, 2400 Taylor Ranch Trl, Venice Moving to New Life Church, 5800 Tamiami Trl S, Venice
- Precinct 415, St Andrew United Church, 6908 Beneva Rd, Sarasota
- Precinct 417, Covenant Life Presbyterian Church, 8490 McIntosh Rd, Sarasota
- Precinct 423, Faith Lutheran Church, 7750 Beneva Rd, Sarasota
- Precinct 425, Covenant Life Presbyterian Church, 8490 McIntosh Rd, Sarasota
- Precinct 429, Venetian Park Estates, 8885 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota
- Precinct 501, Church of the Holy Spirit, 129 S Tamiami Trl, Osprey Moving to Sarasota Square Mall, 8201 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota
- Precinct 525, Lift Church, 695 Center Rd, Venice
- Precinct 531, Venice Gardens Civic Center, 406 Shamrock Blvd, Venice
- Precinct 533, South Venice Baptist Church, 3167 Englewood Rd, Venice
- Precinct 537, Trinity Presbyterian, 4365 State Road 776, Venice
- Precinct 539, Trinity Presbyterian, 4365 State Road 776, Venice Moving to Woodmere Park, 3951 Woodmere Park Blvd, Venice
Polling location changes have been updated on the Polk County Supervisor of Elections website.
As of Monday afternoon, the following changes have been made:
- Precinct 113: Former Location: Kathleen United Methodist moved to Kathleen Baptist Church, 3939 2nd St. N.W., Lakeland
- Precinct 114: Former Location: The Revolution Church moved to Kathleen Baptist Church, 3939 2nd St. N.W., Lakeland
- Precinct 116: Former Location: Ignited Church moved to Gibsonia Baptist, 5440 US Hwy 98 N., LakelandPCT 120: Former Location: The Estates at Carpenters moved to Gibsonia Baptist Church, 5440 US HWY 98 N, Lakeland
- Precinct 125: Former Location Ignited Church moved to Believers Fellowship, 5240 N. Socrum Loop Rd., Lakeland
- Precinct 201: Former Location: Iglesia De Dios Pentecostal M.I moved to Holiday Inn Express and Suites, 4500 Lakeland Park Dr., Lakeland
- Precinct 216: Former Location: Fla Presbyterian Homes McArthur Ctr. moved to Lake Mirror Center, 121 S Lake Ave, Lakeland
- Precinct 218: Former Location: Nuevo Comienzo (New Beginnings), moved to CityPlace Church, 300 Longfellow Blvd., Lakeland
- Precinct 222: Former Location: Legacy Christian Church moved to Mas Verde, 2600 Harden Blvd., Lakeland
- Precinct 225: Former Location: Crystal Lake United Methodist Church moved to CityPlace Church, 300 Longfellow Blvd., Lakeland
- Precinct 319: Former Location: Champions Church moved to Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, 1910 Havendale Blvd. N.W., Winter Haven
- Precinct 326: Former Location: Church of the Redeemer moved to Winter Haven Christian Church, 301 6th Street NE, Winter Haven
- Precinct 339: Former Location: Orange Manor West M.H.P. moved to Cypress Ridge Presbyterian Church, 6230 Cypress Gardens Blvd., Winter Haven
- Precinct 522: Traditions Clubhouse moved to James P Austin Community Center, 315 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. N, Lake Wales
If you’re unsure about your polling location, precinct locations can be found here.
Pasco County only has two precinct changes listed on their website, here:
- Precinct 55: Crystal Lakes Clubhouse moved to Alice Hall Community Center at 38116 5th Ave., Zephyrhills
- Precinct 87: Seven Oaks Clubhouse moved to St. Reweis Coptic Orthodox Church at 27137 Foamflower Blvd.,Wesley Chapel
Manatee County Supervisor of Elections has posted the changes below, here:
- Precinct 107, Palmetto Point Civic Association moving to Family of God United Methodist Church, 5601 16th Ave. E., Palmetto
- Precinct 411, Plantation Village West Rec Hall moving to Sara Bay Baptist Church, 415 67th Ave. W., Bradenton.
- Precinct 403, South Manatee Library, precinct 405, Trailer Estates Auditorium and precinct 407, Midway Church of Christ moving to Bayshore Gardens Rec. Center, 6919 26th St. W., Bradenton.
- Precinct 125, Colony Cove – Harmony Hall and precinct 211, Ellenton United Methodist Church moving to Bradenton Area Convention Center, 1 Haben Blvd., Palmetto
Stay with WFLA+ as we update this list.
- Suspect at large after Bradenton Walmart manager shot during attempted robbery
- No more Uncle Ben’s: Rice brand gets new name
- Bear caught on camera peering in window of Florida home
- FBI trying to determine if 3 off-duty Florida officers were poisoned
- Leigh’s runcast: Enjoy the lower humidity for another day