When it comes to heart disease, family history definitely plays a role.
Knowing that, 50-year-old Carl Sowers of St. Petersburg decided when he was 49 that he had a goal; lose 50 pounds before he turned 50.
The epiphany came after a heart scare and the realization that his own mother had heart problems starting at age 50.
Sowers reached his goal but it wasn’t easy. He works at Power Design in St. Petersburg which promotes employee wellness in a big way. It offers a company gym and even personal trainers.
That supportive environment helped with Sowers physical transformation and he now says he is in the best shape of his life.
- Florida’s license-free saltwater fishing days returns this weekend
- Democratic governors reject Trump’s call to send in military
- Hillsborough County offers free resource for business owners affected by pandemic
- Black-owned business in Tampa rebuilds after weekend looting
- Officer shot in head during Las Vegas protests on life support