When it comes to heart disease, family history definitely plays a role.
Knowing that, 50-year-old Carl Sowers of St. Petersburg decided when he was 49 that he had a goal; lose 50 pounds before he turned 50.
The epiphany came after a heart scare and the realization that his own mother had heart problems starting at age 50.
Sowers reached his goal but it wasn’t easy. He works at Power Design in St. Petersburg which promotes employee wellness in a big way. It offers a company gym and even personal trainers.
That supportive environment helped with Sowers physical transformation and he now says he is in the best shape of his life.
- 1 dead, 2 taken to hospital following shooting in Polk Co.
- Kansas man says 2nd Pfizer shot left him with rare, temporary paralysis
- Man cuts own throat, dies after verdict in North Dakota federal courtroom
- FDOT asking community input for new Howard Frankland Bridge sail design
- Florida employers can require COVID-19 vaccine but can’t ask for proof