When it comes to heart disease, family history definitely plays a role.
Knowing that, 50-year-old Carl Sowers of St. Petersburg decided when he was 49 that he had a goal; lose 50 pounds before he turned 50.
The epiphany came after a heart scare and the realization that his own mother had heart problems starting at age 50.
Sowers reached his goal but it wasn’t easy. He works at Power Design in St. Petersburg which promotes employee wellness in a big way. It offers a company gym and even personal trainers.
That supportive environment helped with Sowers physical transformation and he now says he is in the best shape of his life.
- USDA recalls Taco Bell’s Seasoned Beef over possible metal shavings contamination
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips