TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Thanks to the generosity of News Channel 8 viewers, WFLA and Stacie Schaible have exceeded their 2019 Tampa Bay Heart Walk fundraising goal.
In total, $54,242 has been raised in the fight against heart disease and stroke.
Our partners, Kane’s Furniture and Pepin Distributing, are each matching the first $50,000 we raised, which brings our grand total to $154,242.
The 2019 Tampa Bay Heart Walk is Saturday, Nov. 9 at Raymond James Stadium. The festivities began at 8 a.m. and the walk will kick off at 9 a.m. You can either choose the one-mile route or the three-mile route.
It’s not too late to join our team. Anyone who officially signs up before Saturday will get a WFLA Heart Walk T-shirt.
To join our team or to donate, click here.
- Mourners hold memorial for Floyd as more protests take shape
- Coronavirus in Florida: State reports over 1,000 cases for 4th straight day
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second degree assault
- Heavy rainfall and tornado warnings: Tampa Bay feels effects of Cristobal
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal strengthening as it moves toward Louisiana