Cheesecake Pecan Pancakes
Try these flavorful pancakes filled with cheesecake. They will be a hit at any brunch
or morning event.
• 10-inch (25 cm) nonstick skillet
2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1⁄4 cup canola oil
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1⁄3 cup confectioners’ (icing) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Batter: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, pecans, baking powder and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and oil. Add to flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not overmix.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1⁄4 cup batter per pancake into center of skillet; cook until bubbles
start to form on top of pancake and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip over and cook for about
2 minutes to brown the other side. Remove from heat and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, adjusting the
heat between batches as necessary.
4. Filling: In a small bowl, mash together cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.
5. Spread about 2 tbsp (30 mL) filling over one pancake. Place another pancake on top. Repeat with remaining filling and pancakes. Serve.
Make sure you do not overmix the batter, or your pancakes will be flat and heavy.
You can use any type of nuts you prefer, such as walnuts, pistachios or macadamia nuts.