Steak Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette and Grilled Strawberry Pound Cake
Active Time - 10 minutes, Total Time - 45 minutes (Makes 4 servings)
Complete your meal with steamed vegetables, crusty bread, and lemonade.
Grilling the pound cake, caramelizes the sugars in the cake, and gives it a toasted marshmallow flavor.
4 oz fresh strawberries
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely crushed
2 (6-inch) wooden skewers
1 1/2 lb boneless grilling steaks (such as ribeye, NY Strip, or top sirloin)
3 teaspoons chipotle-roasted garlic seasoning, divided
1/4 cup lemon vinaigrette
2 tablespoons fresh basil
4 oz mixed salad greens
1/4 cup wasabi peas
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
1. Thread strawberries onto skewers. Coat steaks with 2 teaspoons seasoning, then coat steaks and skewers with spray. Place steaks on grill; grill 5 minutes (do not flip).
2. Flip steaks and add strawberries to grill; grill 1–2 minutes, turning skewers often, or until strawberries are charred and steaks are 125°F (for medium rare; warm red center), 130°F (for medium; warm pink center), or up to 170°F (for well done). Transfer steaks to cutting board; let stand 3 minutes before slicing. Temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time.
3. Place in food processor bowl: strawberries, vinaigrette, basil, and remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning; process until blended and smooth. Place in salad bowl: mixed greens, onions, almonds, peas, and cheese; add 1/4 cup strawberry vinaigrette and toss to coat.
4. Divide salad among serving plates; top with steak slices and drizzle with remaining strawberry vinaigrette. Serve.
Grilled Strawberry Pound Cake
8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
8 oz frozen pound cake, thawed
12 oz fresh strawberries
8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
1/2 cup lemon curd (or orange marmalade)
1. Remove stem from strawberries. Thread strawberries onto skewers; cut pound cake into 1-inch slices.
2. Coat strawberries and cut sides of pound cake with spray. Place strawberries on grill; grill 1 minute, turning often. Place pound cake on grill (cut-side down); grill 60–90 seconds on each side or until cake is toasted and strawberries are softened and lightly charred, then
remove from grill.
3. Whisk in large bowl: lemon curd and 4 oz whipped topping. Place pound cake on serving plates; spread lemon curd mixture over cake, then top with strawberries and remaining 4 oz whipped topping. Serve warm.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Manatee County woman charged with killing 4-year-old daughter nearly a decade later
- Trump to announce 2020 bid in Orlando
- Customers may have been exposed to hepatitis A at Spring Hill pizza restaurant
- Teen killed friend after man she met online offered her millions, authorities say