TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Dessert Diva stopped by the WFLA studios Friday to show David and Gayle her delicious recipe for Rocky Road Bars.
ROCKY ROAD BARS
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (approx. 10-11 full crackers)
7 tbls unsalted butter (melted)
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 tbls sugar
1 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks (melted)
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup mini marshmallows (or cut up bigger marshmallows into pieces)
1/2 cup chopped up almonds (a few more for garnish)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tbls powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350
In small bowl, mix together, crackers, butter, cocoa powder and sugar until well combined. Press down firmly into a lightly greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake for 6-10 minutes, until fragrant, and turning a light golden brown. Take out, and let cool.
In large bowl, stir ricotta until smooth. Mix in melted chocolate, and salt. Stir until well combined. Fold in marshmallows, and almonds. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust, and place pan in frig for 2-3 hours. When ready to serve, beat whipping cream, almond extract and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over rocky road mixture, and garnish with nuts, and chocolate shavings (if desired) Cut into bars. ENJOY!
NOTES: You can use a different nut if you prefer. Peanuts or walnuts or great in this recipe. Use vanilla extract if you don’t like almond extract. You can use an 8 inch or a 9 inch baking pan.
- ‘Uber for evictions:’ Startup raising eyebrows for listing tenant removal gig jobs
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body cam video shows officer shoot 13-year-old boy with autism
- Group of dads tackle man accused of peeping on teen in Cracker Barrel restroom
- Caught on video: Man breaks into Town ‘n’ Country church, sets it on fire
- Learning pods can make educational inequities worse. Here’s a better way to create one