If you like chips and dip and you’re craving something sweet, we have the perfect recipe for you.
Dessert Diva Danette Randall stopped by News Channel 8 on Friday to show Gayle and Evan her recipe for Cinnamon Churro Chips with Chocolate Dipping Sauce.
Cinnamon Churro Chips with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
6 flour tortillas (medium size)
3 tbls. butter (melted)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbls. cinnamon (more if you like more cinnamon)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375
Place parchment paper on large baking sheet
Using a pastry brush, spread butter over both sides of tortilla. Mix together cinnamon, and sugar, sprinkle on both sides of tortilla.. Cut tortillas into 8 triangles, arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until turning golden brown. Take out of oven, and let sit on baking sheet.
For chocolate sauce, place chocolate chips in medium bowl. Bring heavy cream, and salt to a simmer, over medium heat. Pour cream over chocolate, and let sit 5 minutes. Stir until smooth and glossy.
Place chips and dip in your favorite serving bowls (or chip and dip bowl) ENJOY!
NOTES: You can use smaller or larger tortillas, just cut into triangles accordingly. I also made one tortilla spicy. I just added a little salt, and cayenne pepper. Its really good with the spicy chip dipped in the chocolate. Dark chocolate is good to use too. Use more cinnamon and sugar if you like.
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
- 100-year-old Florida woman appears in ‘Born in Quarantine’ Facebook ad for new moms
- George Floyd’s sister says firing officers not enough: ‘They murdered my brother’
- Pinellas woman arrested after deceased dog found tied to shed without food or water, deputies say
- Pinellas child drenched in sweat after being left in hot SUV with dog, deputies say