TEXAS (CNN/WFLA) — A woman was caught on camera stealing a baby Jesus prop from a front yard Nativity scene in Parker County, Texas Saturday.
The security camera captured the woman step into the brightly lit scene and steal the star of the show, leaving Mary and Joseph with no one to dote on.
Pam and Al Washburn said they purchased the Nativity scene from Costco for $1,000.
While the Washburns know they can’t eliminate the threat of thieves, they can make their decorations harder to steal.
Al Washburn spiked his decorations to the ground and created a decorative border around the yard to make the area a little less accessible.
“Maybe somebody needs Jesus more than we do,” Pam Washburn said.
- Bills WR Cole Beasley rather retire than follow NFL COVID rules
- Conservative activists heckle Mike Pence at conference in Florida
- President Biden encourages vaccinations as US looks to miss July 4 target
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- Citrus County nursing home resident injured, DCF investigating