TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Santa Claus is not the only one making deliveries this holiday season. People across the nation and local area are sending packages and letters to loved ones. But if you want to get them out before Christmas, you’re running out of time.
Today, Dec. 14, marks the last day to ship something out via USPS ground delivery and still make it for Christmas.
Customers would need to ship via USPS’ Retail Ground service, which is ground shipping for packages, thick envelopes and tubes that are not required to be mailed at First-Class Mail service, according to USPS’ website.
One local USPS location staying open late to help customers get items out the door in time for the holidays is located at 3501 Bessie Coleman Blvd., near Tampa International Airport. They are open until 8 p.m.
Below are other USPS holiday mailing deadlines prior to Christmas:
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail service (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 21 – Priority Mail service
- Dec. 23 – Priority Mail Express service
- Dept. of Defense list identifies Agent Orange sites outside of Vietnam
- Tampa couple furious after they say Target employee ‘cut up’ hundreds of dollars worth of gift cards
- Senator urging Trump to orchestrate coordinated approach to prevent spread of coronavirus
- Lafayette man searching for beloved service dog he said was stolen from his home
- ‘It’s clear that he was all-in with his girls’: Joe Buck, Howie Long reflect on death of Kobe Bryant