KAPA’A, Hawaii (KHON) — A Washington state woman has been arrested on Kauai, a Hawaiian island, for violating the state’s mandatory 14-day travel quarantine.
Kauai police arrested 51-year-old Shannon Patrick on Aug 12. They say Patrick arrived in Hawaii from the mainland on Aug. 12 for a visit of just a few days.
After leaving the Lihue airport, they say Patrick illegally rented a vehicle and drove to her quarantine location in Kapa’a.
Police arrested Patrick after receiving reports that she had left her quarantine location.
She was taken back to complete her quarantine after posting $2,000 bail.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Still feeling comfortable with low humidity
- Search underway for suspect who shot Walmart store manager in the leg in Bradenton
- Two Bradenton officers under investigation after dog attack, shooting
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- USF RB Johnny Ford says he has another chance to do what he loves this season