SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (NEXSTAR) – A Northern California woman has been arrested for felony vandalism after she allegedly licked and handled numerous items at a grocery store in South Lake Tahoe.
Police arrested 53-year-old Jennifer Walker of South Lake Tahoe on Wednesday after a Safeway store employee called to report a woman “licking groceries,” according to a news release.
The employee told officers that Walker also put “numerous pieces of jewelry” from the store on her hands before licking it. Walker allegedly loaded her cart with store items that she “had no means to purchase,” police said.
The calculated total value of the goods, which now can’t be sold, was $1,800.
Police booked Walker at the El Dorado County jail.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DeSantis: Florida schools to stay open, virtual learning still an option
- Proposed Florida bill would eliminate state’s power to mandate vaccines
- California could run out of ICU beds by Christmas due to COVID-19, officials say
- Dr. Scott Atlas resigns as coronavirus adviser to President Trump
- Florida nursing homes required to let residents leave for holidays but not mandated to test returning residents for COVID