TAMPA (WFLA) – After previously announcing they would not require customers to wear masks, Winn-Dixie has announced stores will require masks to be worn by customers starting July 27.
“Our communities count on us, and we are counting on our customers to show kindness as we go through these challenging times together.” Joe Caldwell, corporate communications director at Southeastern Grocers, Winn-Dixie’s parent company, said in a statement.
The following retailers will be requiring masks while visiting their stores:
- Apple – Customers are required to wear masks while in all stores since May 17.
- Best Buy – Customers must wear a mask starting July 15. Any customer who doesn’t have a face-covering will be provided one. Children and individuals who cannot wear a mask will be allowed to enter the store without one.
- Costco – Shoppers are required to wear face coverings since May 4. The requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2 or to those unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition.
- CVS Pharmacy – Customers must wear a mask starting July 20.
- Kohl’s – Shoppers are required to wear a face-covering starting July 20. There will be associate greeters at the entrance of every store to welcome shoppers and remind them to wear masks.
- Kroger – Customers at all locations must wear a mask starting July 22.
- Marc’s – Customers must wear a face-covering starting July 20. There will be signs at entrances to inform customers of the new policy, as well as an employee to remind them to wear masks.
- Panera Bread – Guests must wear a mask inside bakery-cafes starting July 15. Masks must be worn at all times, except while eating and drinking. Any customer who does not have a mask is asked to use curbside, delivery or drive-thru services.
- Publix — Customers will be required to wear masks while shopping starting Tuesday.
- Sam’s Club – Club members must wear a mask starting July 20. Complimentary masks will be provided if the member does not have one, or they can be purchased inside the club.
- Starbucks – Customers must wear masks in all company-owned cafe locations starting July 15. Customers not wearing coverings will be able to pick up their order in the drive-thru or use curbside pickup through the Starbucks app.
- Target – Customers required to wear masks starting August 1. The retailer will hand out masks at entrances to those who need them.
- Walmart – Customers must wear masks at all stores starting July 20. Employees will be stationed near store entrances to remind customers of the rule. These employees will work with customers who show up at a store without a face covering to try and find a solution.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Fauci: US to spend $3.2B to develop antiviral COVID-19 pills
- Would you get your COVID-19 vaccine at McDonald’s?
- Can you mix and match COVID-19 vaccines?
- Monoclonal antibodies ‘first line of defense’ against COVID-19: TGH and USF study says
- Royal Caribbean to require guests be vaccinated on all cruises – except those setting sail from Florida