BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – The World Health Organization (WHO) wants governments to enforce measures that limit the consumption of alcohol during the coronavirus pandemic.
“At times of lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic, alcohol consumption can exacerbate health vulnerability, risk-taking behaviours, mental health issues and violence,” the WHO wrote on their website.
Alcohol does not protect the drinker from coronavirus, nor does it make them any better equipped to handle the potential effects of the virus.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- ‘It’s out of control’: Tampa Bay doctors beg state, county leaders to reopen COVID testing sites
- Are you suffering from coronasomnia?
- Los Angeles restaurant to have security guard check customers for COVID vaccination
- Pinellas County Schools set COVID-19 protocols for the upcoming school year
- Florida vaccinations tick up as delta variant surges, as nearly 250K got shot last week