TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany tested positive for coronavirus Monday, she announced on Twitter.
The Tampa native made the announcement three days after President Donald Trump said he was diagnosed with COVID-19.
McEnany said she had four negative tests before testing positive on Monday morning and that she is not experiencing any symptoms.
“No reporters, producers or members of the press are listed as close contacts by the White House Medical Unit,” McEnany said in the tweet. “Moreover, I definitely had no knowledge of Hope Hicks’ diagnosis prior to holding a White House press briefing on Thursday.”
McEnany said she will begin the quarantine process and plans to work remotely.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic
- North Port community holds candlelight vigil for Gabby Petito
- ‘I wanted to support her’: Barber shaves own head to comfort woman battling breast cancer