WASHINGTON (WFLA) — The White House has canceled Monday’s Coronavirus Task Force media briefing, but President Donald Trump is still expected to speak.
The White House Coronavirus Task Force has been holding press conferences almost every afternoon during the week. The cancellation comes two days after President Trump suggested the briefings are “Not worth the time and effort.”
While the White House has cancelled the Coronavirus Task Force briefing, Pres. Trump is still expected to speak at 5 p.m. from the Rose Garden.
This story will be updated.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 5,645 new cases, 62 new deaths
- EU agency links J&J shot to rare clots, says odds favor use
- Ted Nugent, who once dismissed COVID-19, sickened by virus
- New COVID-19 strains and case surges could result from vaccine hesitancy, Tampa Bay doctors say
- COVID-19 vaccine and fertility: What you need to know