WASHINGTON (WFLA) — The White House has canceled Monday’s Coronavirus Task Force media briefing, but President Donald Trump is still expected to speak.
The White House Coronavirus Task Force has been holding press conferences almost every afternoon during the week. The cancellation comes two days after President Trump suggested the briefings are “Not worth the time and effort.”
While the White House has cancelled the Coronavirus Task Force briefing, Pres. Trump is still expected to speak at 5 p.m. from the Rose Garden.
This story will be updated.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Pinellas County to distribute 8,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines to seniors
- ‘COVID sucks’: Patron leaves $200 tip per employee at Colorado cafe
- Florida governor walks back claim over 1 millionth shot
- Gov. DeSantis: 97% of people receiving vaccine are full-time Florida residents
- Crooks capitalize on fears surrounding pandemic, rope people in vaccine schemes