WASHINGTON (WFLA) — The White House has canceled Monday’s Coronavirus Task Force media briefing, but President Donald Trump is still expected to speak.
The White House Coronavirus Task Force has been holding press conferences almost every afternoon during the week. The cancellation comes two days after President Trump suggested the briefings are “Not worth the time and effort.”
While the White House has cancelled the Coronavirus Task Force briefing, Pres. Trump is still expected to speak at 5 p.m. from the Rose Garden.
This story will be updated.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida firefighter suspended for partying after testing positive for COVID-19
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Delta bans nearly 500 passengers from taking flights for refusing to wear masks
- Stocks have their worst day in a month as virus cases surge
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 3,377 new cases, 5.94% positivity rate