PANAMA, Fla. (CNN/WMBB) — A Florida man is not happy with the governor’s decision to reopen beaches, hitting the beach to protest in a Grim Reaper outfit.
Residents and tourists across Walton County beaches were in for quite a scare Friday afternoon when Florida lawyer Daniel Uhlfelder took the sand in his Grim Reaper costume.
“You know when we first saw him it was a little bit scary and didn’t know exactly what was going on,” Walton County resident Joe Villarreal said.
Uhlfelder is the same lawyer who filed a suit against Gov. Ron DeSantis back in March.
“People are gonna get hurt. And what’s what I’m here for. I wish I didn’t have to do this but nobody else is doing it.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Hillsborough student with cystic fibrosis plans return to the classroom after COVID-19 vaccination
- Ohio to give $1 million to five vaccinated residents in weekly drawings
- Taming the virus: US deaths hit lowest level in 10 months
- State-run testing sites in Sarasota, Manatee shutting down for good this weekend
- Biden urges parents to get kids vaccinated after CDC panel backs Pfizer vaccine