PANAMA, Fla. (CNN/WMBB) — A Florida man is not happy with the governor’s decision to reopen beaches, hitting the beach to protest in a Grim Reaper outfit.
Residents and tourists across Walton County beaches were in for quite a scare Friday afternoon when Florida lawyer Daniel Uhlfelder took the sand in his Grim Reaper costume.
“You know when we first saw him it was a little bit scary and didn’t know exactly what was going on,” Walton County resident Joe Villarreal said.
Uhlfelder is the same lawyer who filed a suit against Gov. Ron DeSantis back in March.
“People are gonna get hurt. And what’s what I’m here for. I wish I didn’t have to do this but nobody else is doing it.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- LIVE NOW: Pinellas School Board talks reopening plans as teachers rally against returning to classrooms
- Hersheypark denies entry to boy with autism because of mask rules
- Hillsborough schools host drive-thru diploma ceremonies for seniors
- Key West requires everyone over 6-years-old to wear a face covering whenever they leave home
- BayCare to pause some non-urgent surgeries in Hillsborough, Polk counties