WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. (WFLA) – Team members at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel gave Tamashri Maharana a round of applause after she was released from the ICU on Friday.
Maharana spent seven days in the hospital, four of those days in the ICU battling coronavirus.
Team members lined the halls and clapped as she made her way home.
Maharana is now in quarantine at home continuing her recovery.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- How the 3 COVID-19 vaccines compare
- Walk-ups now welcome at FEMA vaccine site in Tampa
- Florida Strawberry Festival opens in Plant City with COVID-19 restrictions
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments
- Tampa Bay teacher plans road trip to Alabama to get the coronavirus vaccine