BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA) — Walmart released a letter to employees on Thursday morning that restricts business travel in response to concern over the coronavirus.
The letter states that all international travel will be “business-critical trips,” which applies to all markets in which they operate.
Any trip must be approved by the Executive Council member for the area or the in-country CEO for International.
Walmart will restrict less essential travel in the United States related to conferences, trade shows and other events.
The company also states they are canceling the Walmart U.S. Customer Conference that was scheduled to be in Dallas next week.
Walmart will use video conferencing for meetings for the time being.
- Tampa Bay misses out on first WrestleMania due to coronavirus
- US Coast Guard rescues 4 people from overturned boat near Sarasota
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell dies at 84
- Coronavirus response: Feeding Tampa Bay partners with celebrity chef for weekly Facebook series
- Search to continue for Kennedy Townsend’s daughter, grandson