TAMPA (WFLA) – Drugstore chains CVS and Walgreens are expanding free coronavirus testing services.
Walgreens says it will provide the tests in 49 states plus Puerto Rico saying it’s working with government and health leaders to focus on underserved communities.
Walgreens says the goal is to test 50,000 people a day.
CVS says it will offer drive-through testing at up to a thousand locations soon.
It hopes to test 1.5 million people a month.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- FSA scores won’t determine graduation, promotion in Florida this school year
- City of Tampa offering pop-up vaccination sites this weekend
- Pfizer asks US to allow more kids to get vaccine
- Family members allowed to attend Florida Southern College games, vaccines play a role
- In-home COVID-19 vaccinations available for homebound Hillsborough County residents